Bus Safety Tips For Students
At the Bus Stop:
- Be on time to the bus stop.
- Be at your bus stop at least five minutes early.
- Stand back from the curb.
- Stand in a safe place while waiting for your bus.
- Look for the bus driver's signal to cross.
- Look both ways after the driver's signal for traffic, then cross.
- Stay at least 10 feet from the bus at all times.
- Never walk behind or along the sides of the bus.
- Yelling to other students outside the bus brings them into the danger zone.
If you drop anything by the bus, tell the driver.
- Never try to pick up or reach under the bus for an item you dropped.
On the Bus: Rules
- Never run to or from a bus.
- Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop.
- Walk on and off the bus.
- Do not push or shove.
- Do not throw items out the bus windows.
- Do not put hands, arms, etc. out the bus windows.
- Never ride with things in your mouth or hands.
Keep all food, pens, toys, etc. in your book bag.
- Aisles should be kept clear of book bags, music instruments, etc.
- Be aware of clothing/book bags that may catch on the bus when entering or leaving.
- Stay in your seat at all times.
- Your back should be touching the seat back with your book bag on your lap.
- Don't distract your driver.
- Talk softly on the bus.
- Yelling, shouting and moving are unsafe for you and the driver.
- Please obey the driver's directions for your safety.
Respect yourself and others